Why are there so many different organisational systems and time management methods out there? The answer is simple: it’s like any other personal challenge, like weight loss or money management. There is no simple, one size fits all answer. You must build a solution that works for you.
Over this content, we will explore various time management and organisational tools and techniques so that you can build a customised productivity plan for your personal and professional lives. At the end of the content, you will emerge with a plan that works for you, so that you can start regaining control of your life!
- Identify what personal efficiency is, what skill sets can improve your personal productivity, and what attitudes we should cultivate
- Explain why multi-tasking is a myth
- Describe what role long-term goals play in short-term efficiency
- Share a personal vision and develop dreams and goals from it
- Apply the 80/20 rule and learn how it should affect planning
- Identify the characteristics of a good organisational system
- Develop a plan for an efficient workspace, including a customised information centre and a filing system
- Apply a system that will allow you to process any type of information that crosses your desk, including e-mail, electronic files, paper files, voice mail, text messages, and drop-in visitors
- Use the Eisenhower principle to prioritise work
- Say no
- Use routines to simplify your life
- Understand why you procrastinate and develop methods for tackling tasks
- Apply ideas and tools to make your household more productive and efficient
There are no reviews yet.