It is required for all licensed premises to ensure they have an age verification policy in place, relating to the trading of alcohol. This online age verification content allows you to meet the legal requirements by providing you with a ‘model age verification policy’ and detailing the procedures that need to be followed when verifying the age and I.D. of customers.
- Current law on age verification for alcohol sales
- Challenging for proof of age
- What a policy on age verification should say
- Making the decision to ask for proof of age
- Explaining why you are asking for a proof of age
- Identifying which proofs of age are and are not acceptable
- Some common conflict scenarios
- Procedures for putting the policy into practice
- Refusing a proxy sale of alcohol
- Dealing with an angry or abusive customer who won’t take no for an answer
- Techniques to adopt if the customer won’t accept a refusal to serve
- Your exit from a high-risk situation
- Consequences for failing to implement a policy on age verification for the sale of alcohol
There are no reviews yet.